At this year’s Fall Edmonton Woman’s Show, we are excited to announce the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Health and Wellness Stage! As the name would suggest, this stage will feature a number of exciting presentations from experts at the University of Alberta about one of the most sought-after topics these days – our health. Guests are sure to walk away from this feature having learned plenty of valuable information!
Some of the amazing experts that will be joining us include:
– Christina Korownyk and Mike Allen presenting “What is the Quality of Information Presented on Medical Talk Shows, Including the Doctors and the Doctor Oz Show?”
– Sue Chandra presenting information on Advanced Maternal Age and the Effects on Pregnancy
– Sally Lockwood and Alexandra Sheppard presenting information on Oral Cancer and Raising Awareness
– Donna Manca presenting information on Screening and Myths
– Jean Triscott presenting information on Elderly Care and its Impact on Caregivers
– Maria Febbraio presenting information on The Unreliable Internet: What You Don’t Know CAN Hurt You
– Doug Klein and Jennifer Klein presenting information on Getting Fit in Your Community
– Denise Campbell-Scherer presenting “Reframing Obesity”
– Connie Lebrun presenting information on Concussion and Gender – Is The Female Brain Different?
Stay tuned for more experts and topics, as well as stage times!
The Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta is a leader in educating and training exceptional practitioners and researchers of the highest international standards. The faculty’s mission is to advance health through excellence in teaching, research and patient care. It is home to one of the top 100 ranked medical schools in the world. For more information, please visitwww.med.ualberta.ca.
Stay tuned for more details, including more presentation titles and topics. To see the Stage Schedule, click here.